Re: A sad day for me .... the demise of my Scirocco

At 08:53 PM 10/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Well everone today is a sad day for me .......
>I'm not sure what I'm doing with the car yet.  I expect it to be insurance
>appraised early next week. I guess I have a few options though, buy the
>parts and fix it ( downside is lack of funds) , part the car out   ( that
>will break my heart) or transfer all the good parts to my 86 Scirocco.  But
>the 86 is in serious need of paint, minor body and mechanical work and
>needs a tranny .......... Hey it was FREE !  Well, It looks like I found a
>donor trans for the 86 after all .  BTW  does anyone know if I can use the
>tranny from the 84 in the 86 ?  I guess that means a full interior swap,
>alarm & stereo swap, power windows .....  More work than I really have the
>time for right now.  Good thing I have a garage, I guess.
>
>Oh well I just needed to vent to people who can understand.  I'll take some
>pictures of the damage and put them up tomorrow.
>
>Until next time ..............

Damn Gene!! Im really sorry to hear about it. Its a sad day for all Scirocco
owners. Ill drive the rest of the day at half throttle in loving memory of
your babe.

On the other side, now you DO have the parts you need to fix your other car
up! Was your car fully covered?? If so, then take the cash, strip the car,
put all the good parts and power equipment in your scirocco project and use
the cash to get it painted!! If you can prove the Mayor (im sure he'll have
friends say it was your fault...) was in the wrong, sue his ass!! Thats why
he gets paid the big bucks!
I hope you do take on the swaping of parts project. It will make you feel
better having something good come from something so bad.
I wish you were close to me, id be tempted to do it for you!

Shawn