Re: Horsepower estimate

At 08:03 PM 10/25/96 +0600, you wrote:
>>From this collective of knowledge(scirocco-wise that is) I was wondering if
>anyone could give me a horsepower estimate on a car (87 8V) modified as such:
>
>K&N Filter                                           +2
>large throttle body                               +2
>Intake manifold from late model A2      +/-0
>Ported and polished head (solid lifter)  ????
>Hor(damn umlaut again) cam              ?? which one?
>Dual outlet exhaust manifold                 +/-0
>Autotech dual downpipe                       ???
>Autotech exhaust                                +8
>9.5:1 Compression                               ??
>10° advance timing                               ??

What is the engine code on your car?? I need a base line to begin with.
The ported head could actually be hurting if the one doing it 1) didnt use a
flow bench. and 2) doesnt know what hes doing. it could be killing you in
the 10-15 range!
Which intake manifold, euro?? Which cam is it?? G grind? Hor Sport??

Lots there to know kiddo!

>        I found a bit of a deal on a used head and other assorted and sundry
>parts ~$800.  I got to cleaning my car up for selling it and decided that I
>love it too much to sell it.  I guess this is my way of apoligizing to it
>for even considering it.  Damn I need a girlfriend.
>
>        Another question, since I'll be moving the airbox and injectors to
>the other side of the engine bay, is it worth it to bore holes in the airbox?

Since your moving everything to the other side, just leave the airbox stock.
Putting holes in it on that side of the car will only draw hot air from the
engine into the system. If you do decide to swiss cheeze the airbox, put the
holes on the box that doesnt face the engine. this will keep some of the
heat from direct access. (At least thats the latest theory..) Doing this has
been said to give more top end power. (I concur with this) and on the
downside, you draw more hot air into the negine, which could hurt low end
and city driving.

Shawn