Re: Cam and compression headgasket

At 08:39 PM 10/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>regarding the Autotech headgasket, Shawn Meze wrote:
>
><< YES..... I..... DO! As I talked about in an earlier message, (like a few
> days ago) the gasket they sell is the VW motorsports head gasket that is 1.4
> mm thick. It will increase the compression .7 of what ever you have now. I
> think you have the 8.5-1 engine?? (Im not sure) So if you added the gasket,
> you would have a total of 9.2-1. Even with 87 octane, I have no pinging.
> (with 15 Degrees and the head shaved .40!) >>
>*****************************
>okay, so the car doesn't ping, but how about the performance increase? any hp
>projections? seat of the pants feel? 1/4 mile times? etc....

Ok, since the skinny head gasket and the shaved head have brought the
compression ratio of my engine to almost the 10-1 that later 1.8L engines
got, Id say that its roughly the same as that engine with around102 hp or a
12 hp gain.
Theres a definate seat of the pants feel. No doubt about that. Its also
louder since ive increases the compression. (Thats what makes noise anyways!
Top Fuel dragsters run 23-1 compression and those things plain hurt just
going by you standing in the stands!)
I wasnt able to get a 1/4 mile time, as I didnt have pants on the day of the
GOODGUY's (Chumps) event in Corona so the bastards wouldnt let me run. I had
my helmet tho, but they said I didnt need it...... Go figure....

I also have the G-Grind cam in it so I got even more HP than this, coupled
with the TT exhaust, it makes good power.

Shawn