A sad day for me .... the demise of my Scirocco

Well everone today is a sad day for me ....... while travelling down the
road today I was cut of, by the Mayor of the town where I live no less, and
whacked right into the drivers door of his Explorer. ( Boy it's surprising
just how fast the Police actually can respond)  For some unknown reason he
decided to make a lane change without looking and there I was.  Needless to
say, his Explorer has a nice dent in the door, while my Scirocco is heavily
damaged probably beyond insurance estimate repair condition.  You know how
it is ... nice older VW, high miles, just broken in and running great .

I whacked him squarely with the RF corner of my car.  Bent the fender &
hood, pushed the bumper down and away, broke the RF outer headlight, pushed
the RF fender into the tire, and who knows what other damage.  the drivers
door now hits the fender and doesn't open/close right.  I don't even have
any good pictures of the car either.  I just bought a Casio Digital Camera
last week so I could take pictures and put them up on my site.  But the
weather has been crappy and I had a problem installing the computer
software, so I never got any pictures ..............Today is a sad day for
me :-(

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the car yet.  I expect it to be insurance
appraised early next week. I guess I have a few options though, buy the
parts and fix it ( downside is lack of funds) , part the car out   ( that
will break my heart) or transfer all the good parts to my 86 Scirocco.  But
the 86 is in serious need of paint, minor body and mechanical work and
needs a tranny .......... Hey it was FREE !  Well, It looks like I found a
donor trans for the 86 after all .  BTW  does anyone know if I can use the
tranny from the 84 in the 86 ?  I guess that means a full interior swap,
alarm & stereo swap, power windows .....  More work than I really have the
time for right now.  Good thing I have a garage, I guess.

Oh well I just needed to vent to people who can understand.  I'll take some
pictures of the damage and put them up tomorrow.

Until next time ..............

**
 We are sorry to inform you that due to cutbacks and the
  declining economy, the light at the end of the tunnel will
             be shut down ......... Have A Nice Day !
Gene Salvatore                                  1984 Scirocco Daily Driver
(down but not yet out)
caraudio@ici.net                                1986 Scirocco Project Car
              MECP Certified First Class Car Audio Installer
Visit me at http://www.ici.net/cust_pages/caraudio/caraudio.html