Re: Quick help me out 16V from a Jetta into A1 GTI

At 07:26 PM 10/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>>I agree, another option is to build a killer 8V and save the hassles.
>>>Something like a modified  8.5:1 or 9:1 8V would give plenty of power
>>>and not require a knock sensor, saving more wiring hassles...
>>
>>Argh Argh Argh Argh Argh!! yes, yes, yes, this is true....
>
>Wouldn't this cost more than the 16V I am getting for $700? Keep in mind I
>am paying someone to do the work.

Hard to say. What does the $700 include? Parts labor or just the motor,
trans? You will need a few new parts and how much is the labor gonna be? $$
per hr or per job?
Since you got the thing out of the car, you will want to get a new clutch in
it, new seals ect. that stuff adds up. If you buy one already built, its
already included. It just depends on stuff, you know.
Hell, you throw enough money at me, id do the swap for you!

Shawn