Re: Quick help me out 16V from a Jetta into A1 GTI

At 01:19 PM 10/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Basically your saying it would be easier to get a 16V that came from a
>Scirocco than this 16V?

It would be easier to get a 16V Scirocco period! Well, maybe not if your
putting it into a MK-I body.

>I have a strange feeling that there is something wrong with this deal. Like
>maybe its stolen. $700 for a 16V and transmission sounds too good to be
>true. I am supposed to decide and call this guy back. He said it comes with
>everything thats bolted to the motor. Computer, FI, Wireing harness, but if
>none of it will work with my A1 than I'll forget it.

If he is going to give you EVERYTHING that you will need to completely do
the swap, then go fo it! If anything, you can split the tranny/eng and sell
them seperate, then sell the parts......

Shawn