Re: I need struts!

At 06:10 PM 10/23/96 +-100, you wrote:
>Got my car back!  The bill was DM900($600).  But, unfortunately, my
driver's side strut, shock whatever the hell >you call it, is bent to hell
and can't use it again.  So now I have a stock one on the driver side and a
performance >one on the passenger side(not good, I know, but rental cars are
too expensive!). BTW, could this make the car >pull to the right?  But
anyway, someone please tell me a place where I can get a good deal on some
struts.  All I >need is the front, the back is still good.  But I figure
I'll just buy the pair so they're the same.  I have Koni or >Bilstein in
mind.  Any opinions of what's the best is also appreciated.  I need to order
a pair from the States >tonight, so lemme know.  Thanks!

It depends on what shock you have in the rear as well as springs all around.
Stock shocks in the rear wont like Konis up front. Konis wont like stock
springs either, way too much rebound. It might give you a very harsh ride
and It will make the car unstable so go with Koni only if you have upgraded
the shocks and springs already.
 I have heard alot of good things about Bilstein, so I cant offer any reason
why not to go with them. (Other than price) I do have a fondness for Boge
Gas Turbos. I just put a set on my GLi and (Mit der Neupseed Sport lowering
Springs) am very pleased with them. Its as if that spring shock combo was
made for each other. Its a great combo. Remember that when you upgrade any
shock, be sure to do the springs too. Thats where you get the most benefit
of the upgrade.

A note in Bilsteins. Rumor mill has it that they are comming out with an
adjustable shock to compete with Koni! They're soposed to be much cheaper
and have more adjustability too!!

Shawn