Re: Winter is coming...

>  YAHOO!!! I'm jonesin' for the slopes and my board already.....

Tell me about it!  I just got my board tuned!

>  Hmmmmm......I'm in the same position (Boulder, CO) and am pondering the
>  merits of What To Do About Snow Tires.
>
>  I know that the Blizzacs (Michelin, I think) are *outstanding* snow
>  tires.

I did the smart thing and called the Tire Rack. They said that the
Bridgestone Blizzacks are Q rated, which means rated to 100mph.  I guess I
can live with that.  Remember everyone, I am 18!

>  I think I'll definately get them for the drive wheels, but I'm not so
>  sure about the rear (they're not cheap!). My big question is: is it worth
>  it to get new, sheapo rims for the snow tires, so you can just swap 'em
>  out when the time comes??

I think that if you get rims for them, they will pay for themselves in a few
years.  Mounting and balancing, mounting and balancing, mounting and
balancing...it adds up.  I would also get the snow tires in all corners.  I
was just quoted at $75 PER tire.  That's better than wearing down my
SP8000's, which cost me $143.50 per tire, m & b.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus