> 1987 Volkswagon Scirocco 8V (Black)
			  ****

> Estimated ~115hp
	    ******

> Performance exhaust
  *******************

> K&N Air Filter
  **************

Out of pure curiosity (and a little hope):

Stock hp for the 8V's was 94, correct? I believe most exhaust systems can
only give up to 5hp or so. Does this mean that a K&N filter can give on
the order of 16hp more? Somehow that sounds impossible (given that in
their adds, they claim that K&N filters "can give up to 15hp" more; so, I
figure half that would be expected, and that's probably overestimated).

So, I am guessing, that either the exhaust was some extra-spiffy one that
adds a lot of horses, or that Dan has done the dual-outlet exhaust
manifold change and forgot to tell us about it. Or that K&N filters
really give ~10hp extra, in which case I am going out and buying one
today...

Ilias