>> 1987 Volkswagon Scirocco 8V (Black)
>			  ****
>
>> Estimated ~115hp
>	        ******
>
>> Performance exhaust
>   ***********************
>
>> K&N Air Filter
>  **************
>

>Out of pure curiosity (and a little hope):
>
>Stock hp for the 8V's was 94, correct? I believe most exhaust systems can
>only give up to 5hp or so. Does this mean that a K&N filter can give on
>the order of 16hp more? Somehow that sounds impossible (given that in
>their adds, they claim that K&N filters "can give up to 15hp" more; so, I
>figure half that would be expected, and that's probably overestimated).
>
>So, I am guessing, that either the exhaust was some extra-spiffy one that
>adds a lot of horses, or that Dan has done the dual-outlet exhaust
>manifold change and forgot to tell us about it. Or that K&N filters
>really give ~10hp extra, in which case I am going out and buying one
>today...

I questioned that myself. At best, the K&N gives you 2 HP. Im curious as to
where the extra 16 hp came from. If he did engine mods, (Like added a cam or
port work) you think he would of been sure to mention it. I think *I* have
115hp with the cam, exhaust, intake system and port work I have done on my
90hp JH motor. Thats also the low figures they gave me. (If they say it adds
8-10% I used the low numbers for my estimates.)
I would love to go dyno it to know for sure...

Shawn