Re: Winter is coming...

  >Yeah it is...

  YAHOO!!! I'm jonesin' for the slopes and my board already.....

  >How about snow tire recommendations?  I'm in the mountainous section of
  Virginia, so I WILL see some snow, but I don't want die hard tires.  I
  want to >still be able to go 90-100mph on dry road if that's possible.
  Need some input.

  Hmmmmm......I'm in the same position (Boulder, CO) and am pondering the
  merits of What To Do About Snow Tires.

  I know that the Blizzacs (Michelin, I think) are *outstanding* snow
  tires. Studless, so the ride is softer and more stable. Fancy
  ploy-whatchyacallit material that holds better than normal studs in snow
  and ice. Also wears down to a certain point, provides a wear indicator,
  then the compound changes to perform like normal all-seasons. An
  acquaintance who works at the Taos ski resort uses them on her Scirocco,
  and has no problems.

  I think I'll definately get them for the drive wheels, but I'm not so
  sure about the rear (they're not cheap!). My big question is: is it worth
  it to get new, sheapo rims for the snow tires, so you can just swap 'em
  out when the time comes??

  >THanks all

  What he said!! >;->

  >Chris Taylor