Winter is coming...

Yeah it is...

I've got 5w-50 Castrol Syntec in the 'ol motor.  I suppose that's good for
winter?  This is the first time I've used it.  I put it in @August.  I've
probably got 1k miles on it.  Do I change syntec after 3k miles just like
any other oil?

Also, I'm trying to put together some snow tires / rims.  Anybody wanna
throw some teardrops or any other 14'' alloy at me?

How about snow tire recommendations?  I'm in the mountainous section of
Virginia, so I WILL see some snow, but I don't want die hard tires.  I want
to still be able to go 90-100mph on dry road if that's possible.  Need some
input.

THanks all

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco