Re: HELP! Hose problem

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> This has been happening for a long time, and reappeared after I
> got my car back out of the shop..
>
> my lower radiator hose keeps getting a hole in it by the
> bolt that screws the compressor/alternator bracket whatever down
> right below where the hose attches to the radiator. All I did
> before was unscrew the bolt up 1/2" and things went fine..and no
> the bolt didnt work inself out and yes i know i should have taken it
> completely out and added 1/2" worth of washers..but I was afraid to
> remobe the whole bolt and have something slip.
>
> What I really want to know is...why is this bolt putting holes in my
> hose? the engine's vibration i am assuming causes this or turning causes
> this bolt to puncture the hose repediately? I've had the passenger side
> motor mount replaced....I just dont understand and I'm getting sick of
> replacing that hose =[
>
> Ryan
>
> .-------------------------------------------------------------.
> |Ryan Schuermann                               ryan@nwpros.com|
> |Technical Analyst                            zqft01@amoco.com|
> |PARANET, Inc.                          schuermann@paranet.com|
> |Pager:713-764-3467                     http://www.paranet.com|
> |Work:713-626-4800                 http://www.nwpros.com/~ryan|
> `-------------------------------------------------------------'

What you can do is get some locktight (autoparts store)It comes in a tube
put it on threads of bolt  retighten that will keep it from loosning.
put a new hose on cut the old one around 5 inches long on the area that
keeps getting a hole in it slice a slit on old hose slide it over new hose were
it keeps rubbing through get 2 plastic tie raps and rap them
around old hose cover. This will protect your new hose incase this bolt
ever loosens again
If you can take out the bolt use a lock washer and a dab of lock tight.
Make sure you dont have another bad engine mount check them all
You will get a bad vibration if the front mount is bad.
                              john.delaney