Re: was <"Also"> Springs!!

At 01:46 PM 10/18/96 -0400, you wrote:

>How rough is the ride with the race springs?

It is noticably firmer than the lowering springs are but, being the wuss
that I am when it comes to ride comfort, I like the ride! I have the Konis
set at full soft for the street use and its very pleasant. Even on I-8 (the
bounciest freeway in San Diego) its actually quite comfortable. I fully
expected a full on kidney ache when I got out of the car  after driving it.
I was pleasantly supprised to learn it just wasnt so.
One day I was running late for work. My son thought it would be funny to set
my konis at full firm on all 4 corners. He knew I wouldnt have the time to
stop and reset the shocks to full soft. I drove the 30 miles to work and
that day, I did have tender kidneys! (Ill get that little shit!) Full firm
is flat out rigid! Its also not meant for the highway speeds either. It can
also be dangerous on the wrong road.

>Do you think they're better than progressive
>rate springs for the street?

Interesting question. Its not easily anwsered. its a 2 part anwser of yes
and no.
yes because they allow for much more feeling of what the road is doing and
give the car stability and control in any type of evasive manuvers you might
have to make from day to day. They make the car "dart" into turns instead of
rolling into the turns. They also give you that "Glued" to the road feeling
while driving. They made my 400 tread wear tires feel like 220's! I hated
those tires before and now, they're quite pleasant.
My anwser as no is for one reason. Road conditions! Roads that have alot of
construction work performed on it or potholes (We dont have much of either
here in always sunny San Diego) make the car extremely uncomfortable and can
also bend a rim easily, depending on the quality of work performed on the
road.
It all depends on where and how you will be driving the car.
If your into autoxing, id say to get the race springs. worth 2 seconds,
easily! If your just into casual driving and enjoyment of your car, then go
with the sport lowering springs. They will give your car  a better stance
while improving the handeling of the car.
Either way is a definate improvement over stock!

Shawn