Re: VDO Gauges

I am probably springing up a new problem for you here:

On 15 Oct 1996, Sean Conway wrote:

> Just for more info, the gauges I have are a voltmeter, oil temp (170 degrees C)
> and an oil pressure gauge (5 bar). The voltmeter doesn't need a sender, and I
> seem to have a blanking plug on top of the oil filter housing which will take

Regardless of the fact that the v-meter doesn't need a sender, it is
important to mount its leads at the right spot(s). Mounting them just
anywhere where the 12V battery supply goes could give you way false
readings when you turn on different loads (lights, blinkers, wipers,
etc.) There are quite a few web pages out there that describe
installation of VDO gauges (all types). Do a search first for VW faq, to
get the official faq. If it is not in there, do a search for VDO gauges
and you will get several interesting sites.

Ilias