Instrument Faces

On 9th October Ilias wrote :

>ps: by the way, since we are on the subject of instr. clusters, does
>anybody know of any place that still has the white faceplates for the
>Scirocco's? The 4-5 places I have called told me they are out. I have
>thought of getting some through Europe, but I suppose they will not have
>the mph marks on them. (maybe some of the european subscribers to this
>list can give us some details?)

Well over here in the UK we still use good old MPH ! It's a bit of a fashion
craze over here to have coloured dial faces. You can have your dials any colour
you want - lime green dials anybody ? Popular colours are white or pale grey,
but I've seen them in metallic colours or even transparent (mega bucks) so that
you can see the workings of the instruments behind the face.

Typical prices for coloured faces are 25 to 35 UK pounds. They can even supply
faces for your VDO oil pressure/temp/voltmeter to match.

Two of the well known suppliers are

Deutchcar - based in Manchester  0161 339 3369 (fax - 0161 339 4044) and
Awesome GTI Store - Manchester again (guess where I live !) on
01706 222272

Both of these places have produced some wild cars...... Mk2 Golf VR6  with
nitrous and
Mk1 Golf GTi Convertible with 16V G60

I'm not sure what the international dial code is for the UK but I guess you can
find that out if you're interested enough.