Re: coil-overs: the mystery! <short version>

Rodney Noriel wrote:

> I believe that the term coil-overs
> is just what it sounds like. Its combining the spring with the shock to
> make
> a single unit. It just symplifies the suspension system. VW Struts are coil
> overs for the most part.
>
> I'm no expert either but I think you are right.  In addition to this they
> are about $1200 a set and have threaded bodies for unlimited spring perch
> adjustment.
>
> Hot set-up!
>
> Rodney Noriel

Actually I know for a fact that those $1200 shocks/springs are full
threaded (infinite settings-almost) body shocks.  They are not the only
coil over style shocks however.  These are shocks with threads
surrounding the body so the spring perch on the bottom can be "screwed"
up or down aa far as you want.  I KNOW EVERYTHING!!! YEAH!!!  HUH!!!
heheh
josh clark