Re: coil-overs: the mystery! <short version>

At 12:04 AM 10/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>I need to know for sure something that has annoyed my for a while:
>I see the term "coil-overs" all the time reffering to shocks/springs and I
>never really understood what it meant.  Is it just the style of the shock as
>in the springs spiral over the shock or is it a special type of suspension
>component?  Thanks,
>Josh Clark

Somebody will correct me if im wrong but, I believe that the term coil-overs
is just what it sounds like. Its combining the spring with the shock to make
a single unit. It just symplifies the suspension system. VW Struts are coil
overs for the most part.

Shawn