<Was Wheel refurb.> Allignment Mat-chine, man.

At 09:16 PM 10/3/96 -0700, you wrote:

>You can support the car from the lower control arms
>when you align a vw with a hunter alignment machine it lifts the car from
>the lower control arms and it supports it there preloading the suspention
>if you jack up the car you should use the round supports welded to the
>floor of the car but you can support with jackstands under lower
>a arms with a block of wood between stand and a arm giving it equal
>distribution of weight.    john.delaney

Is that so? Neato! Tell me, does that machine have any kind of soft supports
or padding at the point of lifting? Why does it lift the car to do an
allignment? I would thin it changes the geometry of the chassis and give
false readings? That would explain my +2 degrees of chamber on my first
allignment! I do them myself now.....

Shawn