Re: Just an idea regarding supercharging..<Tangent version>

At 09:39 AM 10/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>just an idea.....
>both SC's and turbos run off the principal of providing more condenced
>air running through the engine.  A guy has used this theory in his
>mustang by running one of the "cool" AC hoses through the intake manifold.
>there is still freon/R-12 in the ac but the system runs off of this
>principal:outside are runs through the intake system...This air passes
>the cool line from the AC thus cooling the air(making it more
>compressed).   Now i know your thinking"the AC takes up power" but in
>this system that dosen't matter.  This guy runs his AC till it gets cold,
>then turns it off.  The lines remain cold for a while thereby cooling the
>air and the AC dosen't drain engine power....

A few years ago, when I drag raced an alcohol Funnycar, we had a coilled
fuel line that fit into a simple tin can. When we got up to the line, we
would slip in some dry ice into the can that would super chill the fuel as
it passed thru the coilled lines. (Alcohol only freezes at extremely low
temps) It worked great, best time of 8.43 @ 155mph. I have heard that some
honda boys are sticking chunks of dry ice on their intake manifolds at the
drag strip. I guess it works.....

Shawn