Re: Just an idea regarding supercharging..<Tangent version>

>A few years ago, when I drag raced an alcohol Funnycar, we had a coilled
>fuel line that fit into a simple tin can. When we got up to the line, we
>would slip in some dry ice into the can that would super chill the fuel as
>it passed thru the coilled lines. (Alcohol only freezes at extremely low
>temps) It worked great, best time of 8.43 @ 155mph. I have heard that some
>honda boys are sticking chunks of dry ice on their intake manifolds at the
>drag strip. I guess it works.....
>
>Shawn

I also thought of this and it brings me too - why doesn't anyone make an
aftermarket type air cooler? I know many people make aftermarket airboxes but
would more power also be developed by cooling it slightly? I dont know the
mechanics of cooling air , nor do i have figures for gains from cooling air,
but does anyone know if they work out?