Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #48

>Well, I have the 89 Fox engine in my 82, and it is plenty quick.
>Code is JN.  The differences between it and the 83-84 GTI
>engine are 38mm as opposed to 40mm intake valves and
>hydro instead of mechanical lifters.  Bore and stroke are the
>same, and both are 1.8L.  Compression is close if not the same
>- the high compression 1.8L came in 85 for the GTI, I believe.
>Or maybe 89.

Hmm...interesting.  Maybe the Fox is heavier than the Scirocco?
How does your car compare to other 1.8 litre Sciroccos?  Sorry
if I sounded a bit hostile about the Fox engine.  It's just that I
have strong opposition to things that say 'Volkswagen' on them
that Germans don't even use.  For instance, my US
Spec Golf lll I had.  The 2.0 litre used in those US Golf/Jettas is
not used in Germany and that car was such a piece of S%$#!  But
that's another story...

Mike
89 Scala