Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #48

At 09:06 PM 11/30/96 +-100, VanAm wrote:
>It's gotta be.  The Fox definitely isn't slow because of the exhaust
>system.  There's a dealer in Minneapolis who occasionally puts
>aftermarket stuff on their cars they're selling.  They had a Fox with
>a sport exhaust, Neuspeed throttle body, blah blah blah...and that
>damn thing was STILL slow as hell!  I test drove it for the hell of it
>and was not impressed at all.

Well, I have the 89 Fox engine in my 82, and it is plenty quick.  Code
is JN.  The differences between it and the 83-84 GTI engine are 38mm
as opposed to 40mm intake valves and hydro instead of mechanical
lifters.  Bore and stroke are the same, and both are 1.8L.  Compression
is close if not the same - the high compression 1.8L came in 85 for the
GTI, I believe. Or maybe 89.

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
KTXH Ch. 20 in Houston, TX :
Home of the Rockets!!!