Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #48

>>It looks like I'll be getting an engine from a later Fox. (1.8l, CIS,
>>hydro head.) Apparently, the only thing that kept this poor
>>engine restricted was the crappy exhaust - otherwise it is the
>>same engine.

>Hey, I thought this was a lower compression ratio than the
>'83-84 GTi motors, anyone know?  I thought therefore that the >horsepower on the Fox was way down for the displacement.

It's gotta be.  The Fox definitely isn't slow because of the exhaust
system.  There's a dealer in Minneapolis who occasionally puts
aftermarket stuff on their cars they're selling.  They had a Fox with
a sport exhaust, Neuspeed throttle body, blah blah blah...and that
damn thing was STILL slow as hell!  I test drove it for the hell of it
and was not impressed at all.

-Mike
89 Scala