Re: Hello from Geoff Zimmer

Hello,
I just pulled the tranny on the race car, so it is fresh in my mind.
     Disconnect the driveshafts from the flanges at the tranny,(8mm
12 pt tool) and tie them up with string, remove the speedo cable,
clutch cable, starter motor, lower subframe brace, (if equipped) the
cover plate over the pasenger side CV joint and the two bolts that
hold the sheet metal onto the tranny on the bottom of the bellhousing,
 remove all shift linkage pieces, (NOTE! Remove the bellcrank on the
tranny completely!) support drivers side of engine with floor jack
and remove left, front and rear motor mounts. Lower the jack, remove
the left mount completely (Disconnect ground strap), then unbolt
tranny and drop it off engine onto your chest and have your friend /
wife /husband pull on your feet to remove you and the tranny from
under the car.
     When you put it back together, Make sure to put CV joint grease
on the input shaft splines!
     Got to go, hope this helps,   Geoff