Re: chirping in 2nd...

<< When I was in the States I had an 86 Scirocco that I bought 14
 inch rims for.  Later on, I kicked myself in the ass because I could
 have put 15" on it.  Everyone told me 15 wouldn't fit.  Just to give
 you an idea, your 175/70R13 has a total rim/tire height of 575.2 mm.
 If you put 195/50R15 on it, the overall diameter goes to 576 mm.
 Get the 15s, man!  You'll thank yourself later!  Those 14s I bought
 4 years ago are now my winter rims for my Scala that I have here.
 Wouldn't want to mess up the 15" BBS!  :-)  You could even put
 16s on it if you wanted to spend the cash.  205/40R16 is only 570.4
 mm.  Whatever you decide to do, make sure your ET(offset) isn't
 too low of a number.  I think 30-35 is average for a Scirocco.  If you
 go too low, you'll have scraping problems.  Good luck!  >>

Thanks for the info.  One of my main concerns that I thought 195/50/15 would
be too low profile (i.e. easilly bent rims) but today i saw a Corrado with
that size tire, and the profile looked GREAT!  I think I will go with the 15"
wheels instead.  (man, I'm just a fickle little prick, aren't I!!  ;-))

The last thing I want is a scraping problem.  I don't want them to scrape at
ALL!!  That is one reason why my favorite wheels are the ABT five spoke
wheels.  They are very expencive, but I feel they are the best wheel.  Or, if
I don't go for those, I think I will go for a set oh Hockenhimes or Hock R or
BBS RS ll.  Tough decision.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco