Re: chirping in 2nd...

Hi Tim:

At 06:28 PM 11/26/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Soo, this reaises a good topic, in my opinion.  What kind of tires do you
>guys recomend?

For street I like Bridgestone RE-71 or Goodrich Comp T/A.

>Also, I have decided to go with 14" wheels on my '84 instead of 15" (so I can
>keep the same diameter of the tires)  The stock config. on my car is
>175-70-R13.  To keep the same diameter on 14" wheels, what size tire do I
>need to get?  175-70-R14?

I'd go with 185/60-R14

>OH, and one more question, then I'll shut up.  With 14" wheels, what are the
>biggest brakes you can bolt on?

You can use the 10.1" Scirocco 16V brakes in front.

Also, can I put a 16v Scirocco master
>cylender and still use the orriginal, 8v brake booster?

Should work ok on most cars produced in Germany produced starting
in Jan '84.

>What other changes might I have to make?

You can get by without the 16V master cyl if you have the 10.1" brakes
in the front and still have the rear drums but if you have the rear discs
as well you'll need it for sure. It's nice to have with just the 10.1" in front
though.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"