Re: Quick question about batteries.

<< Chris, if ya killed it once, it will probably be ok......if ya do need a
 new one... I like Interstate Batts, a little expensive, but they sure can
 take a beating(had one in my 78 rabbit, never replaced it for 3 1/2
 years...could still be in it!(sold it to someone)) >>

Tell you guys what, I have only used Track Auto Batteries.  My Dad had one in
a '78 Datsun pickup for about SEVEN years!!!!  It was still in the truck and
working perfectly when I sold it!!  (Wish I did not sell that truck.  It was
a VERY good truck)

I have had a Track Auto battery in my Scirocco for the past two and a half
years.  I left my parking lights on once in the summer of last year (batter
was dead dead!) and after a quick jump start, it has worked flawlessly ever
since.  OH, and that '81 diesel Rabbit that I am restoring right now, when I
bought that car orriginally (I got it back earlier this year after two years
of not owning it) I put a TA batter in it.  When I sold that Rabbit after
three years of ownership, it still had the same TA battery.  After I got the
car back after it had sat in the impound yard for a month, same battery.  I
did not know if it was good because I did not have a key.  The car sat in my
driveway for another month, until I finally got a key made.  Well, the
battery was dead.  So, I charged it up, and it works perfectly now!!  I am
stuck on Track Auto batteries.  :-)

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco
'84 Rabbit GTi autocross project