Re: ballast resistor

On 20 Nov 96 at 14:23, Domenic Lippolis wrote:

>  Thats what I thought about the ballast resistor in line, but I
>  traced the wire from the coil through the fire wall and to the "C"
>  connector on the fuse box and no resistor.  Then I flipped four
>  pages back in the Bentley manual and saw that the rabbit's
> diagram had it written that it is a wire not an actual resistor..
> My friend with a 60's Nova (yah yah he's a nice guy don't make fun
> of his car) said his Nova had a resistor wire too.

The resistance wire is very common in many dfferent cars.  It's
actually called a "fusible link".  You can buy the wire in different
resistance values.  It's rated by "ohms per foot".  The fusible link
and ballast resistor both do the same thing, but the ballast resistor
can usually handle more current.

There....I DO know some things.  And you all thought all I could do
was ask questions :)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA