Re: Interesting problem....

On 20 Nov 96 at 19:45, Night Shadow wrote:

> I was delivering pizzas and would leave the motor idling for long
> periods, after awhile it would start to run bad, bucking, then just
> shut down, and I would have to let it sit about 20 min before I
> could start it again.  My local mechanic(VW master tech) thought it
> MIGHT be the fuel pump(it was kinda noisy when it wouldn't
> start)....do I need to replace it or am I vapor locking or
> something??? My temps stay pretty much normal..... Any suggestions
> guys?? I'd love to hear your input if you've ever had the same
> prob......

On Sciroccos there was a recall on the fuel transfer pump and fuel
filter.  You can call the dealer and see if your car comes under that
and if yours was ever replaced.  If it wasn't, you get a freebie!
I had the same problem and had them do the recall work.....end of
problem.  Mine's an 85 1.8l and it had 110k on it when they did the
work.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA