Leaking (posted to r.a.vw.w, also)

Fellow Rockers,
The rain leaked into my 85 Scirroco. Having had that problem with my
previous car, I "smell-checked" this one before buying it.
I think it is from the sunroof.  I wish I'd known by the scrape marks
not to try to open the sunroof until I could afford to repair it.
The heater/ac lever is broken -- I can't get heat on the defroster.
The windows were loaded with condensation on the inside from the
moisture in the car and to top it off, there is  Armor-All all over
the windshield on the inside. I think you all know what that means --
it is impossible to see.

Holidays are coming up so I need some inexpensive quick fixes.

1.) First of all, who knows what sort of  solvent  I should  use to
rid the windshield of its coating of Armor-All?

2.) Before I start trying to fix the roof, does anyone know of any
other source of interior leaks that are common on this year and model?

3.)And if I have to do a quick fix on the roof, will I cause more
trouble to myself by just trying to seal it with some silicon in order
to get me through the winter?

I've been following the thread on the heater/ac control levers. I know
I'll have to take the dash apart and see what kind of condition the
unit is in. Nothing can be done about that until this weekend.

Thanks for your input.
Joan