Re: Help and suggestions on a Fox

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> I looked at an 87 fox yesterday, its been in a front end fender bender
> and lots of little things are broke and the interior is crappy, lets just
> call this a hooptie car for reference. But the engine looks real good,
> new sparkplug wires, new braided feul wires, from distribution, stock
> suspension and sway bar, and 150k on it. No info as this lot is just
> selling it for a freind that works at a storage lot..and noone claimed it
> for xx days so he's selling it.(orig owner prob is in jail). Any ideas of
> this car's ballpark worth? I was thinking of offering like $800, sticker
> says $1,300. I'll testdrive it tomorrow.
>
> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Ryan

Ryan, I wouldn't offer even that much, with 150k on a wrecked VW body that
is built in Brazil, i'd be careful of frame damage, if I were you, look
for a older(78 was a real good year) german made rabbit with FI, it will
be a hell of a lot more reliable(I know a guy who had a fox, fixed
it all the damn time, and I had a 78 rabbit, when I sold it it had 160k
and was still going strong) and if you find a nice one it could end up
being a nice restore/racer project.....just my opinion, keep looking!

I\Iight Shado\/\/
'79 Rust Roccet