Re: your mail

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Domenic Lippolis wrote:

> 	I need help with my electronic ignition.
> 	It has been flawless up to this point.  It seems that the
> spark is a bit weak when I crank the car over to start it.  Plus I
> checked the voltage  between the distributor and the ground and when the
> car is in the "on" ignition switch position reads 12 V.  When the motor
> is on and running the voltage drops to 8.69 V.  I know that I have to
> take out the ballast resister wire that now supplies the current for the
> coil/ignition computer/knock computer but will that be enough??
>
> 	Anybody??....
>
> 						DOM!

Common solution, check your resistance on the ground wire from the battery
to the car, also check ground on the alternator.......I've had problems
with the computer modules going bad as well, my solution, rip it all out
and put the old vacuum coltrolled stuff in...it worked for me on some
really strange ignition problems.....(I have a 86 1.8L in a 79 SCI, the
computer stuff really didn't like being transplanted)

I\Iight Shado\/\/