Re: US/Euro acceleration

<< After all this high rpm talk, I noticed today that when I'm accelerating
 hard, the RPMs climb really quick after 5400 RPM on my 89 Euro 8V.  It seems
like it just gains a burst of energy when it gets to that point.  When I had
my 86 US 8V, I don't remember it doing that.  What could make this
difference?  Different cams maybe?  Just curious...I've always wondered my
Euro 8V does 210kph (131mph)...redlined, of course... and my US 8V would only
do 118mph.    >>

I am going to guess here, as I am not quite an knowledgable as some of the
other know-it-alls around here.  I figure it is a combo between the cam thing
and gear ratios.  Whatchall think?

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco