Re: Can I stay in prepared with a new engine?

At 08:30 PM 11/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like to put a 1.8 8 valve In my 80 scirocco but if I do this and
>I go to a autox will I have to compete in Modified?  If so I will just
>modify the 1.6 that is already in it.  I have no problems competeing in
>prepared but there is no way that I want to race in modified.

You can install a 1.8L JH code engine and run in "D" Street Prepared. This
is allowed under the update, backdate rules. Later Scirocco's had this motor
in it. Its the most powerful engine the 8V Scirocco's had. If you install a
16V it will put you in CSP.
You cant even touch the engine you have if you want to run in a stock class.
In fact, there is very little you can change and run in stock class.
You can rebuild your engine but there isnt anything you can do to it to
modify it in stock classes. (Not even Street Prepared classes.)

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and