Re: '85 Scirocco Owner's Manual

On 13 Nov 96 at 13:56, joan wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've bought the Bentley manual. I have some of electrical problems
> that I'll need to trouble-shoot. I need to start by finding out how
> things are *supposed* to operate.
>
> I will pay the going rate to whomever is willing to send me a
> photocopy of the owner's manual. I can bind it myself.

I have an 85 Wolfsburg, but I'm pretty sure the manual is generic to
all models.  I could copy it for you.

> A couple of quick questions, if you don't mind!
> 1.) I have an after-market toggle switch on the side of the console
> and I don't know what it is for! What are the most likely things
> that a Scirocco owner would install a toggle for!?

Not a clue........try tracing the wires to the source.

> 2.) Any suggestions on how to get the hatch open?

That's been addressed by others.

>3.) There are three different wires that have flat metal ends attached which are wedged
> into the spaces between some of the fuse housings. What is this?
> After-market stuff that is sharing fuses?

Most likely add on stuff.  Try following the wires and see where they
lead.  The bentley manual should have a picture of what it should
look like, so you might be able to determine if it's something stock
or add on.

> Thanks in advance for help and support!

You're welcome :)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net