Re: Rev Limiter

>I know you're just kidding, tim, but I want to explain my question.  My
>friend here at Va TEch, Dan Ruddick, claims he doesn't have a rev limiter on
>his '87 8v.  Then, he tells me that one day his tach was up in the 6k range
>and his whole car started bucking (obvious rev limiter trait).  Does he or
>does he not have one, based on the evidence at hand?

        Ok, tested it out this morning, and she bucks at about 6500 rpm, it
starts to sound weird at ~6200 or so.  This is only a concern to me since my
cam, according to Autotech at least, peaks at 6800 rpm and I just can't
reach it.  Doesnt' mattter though as she loses power after 5900 or so.  I
tell ya there's nothing like pulling 6500 rpm in second when you're just
driving 2 miles to class.  I still don't think that the car has a rev
limiter, it just doesn't have the electronics for it, it's CIS not CIS-E.