Re: So... anyone have Autotech anti-sway bars?

At 11:29 AM 11/13/96 EST, you wrote:
>Autotech sprongs are junk?  I kinda have to disagree.  I have Hor progressive
>lowering sprongs on my A2 GTI and that suspention beats 2 of my friends
>Neuspeed setups.  The Neuspeed springs don't have the same stability that I
>feel with mine.  Maybe the springs are different from the A2s to your Sciroccos
>but I thought they were all the same.  Just didnt want you to shoot down Hor
>springs to quick.
>
>Kyle

I had a conversation with a few speed shops (And one dealer) about the
Autotech sale theyre doing in their flier. The first impression on the
springs ("Sprongs" for those of you  :)  accustomed to this spelling.) are
junk and thats why their including them with the swaybar package. Keep in
mind that I have never had a set of these springs so Im not speaking from
personal knowledge but rather, from a conglomerate of those "In the
business" who have. Something else they complained about in the sale was the
wheel bearing prices! They're practiclly giving them away!
I got a list of top to bottom springs and it went like this. (1 being the
best and 4 being the worst.)

1)Neuspeed/H&R (Same spring maker)
2)Eiback
3)Spax  (<------Can you believe that!)
4)HOR

Keep in mind these are opinions from speed shops in Calif.

My best opinion is that springs are all the same, roughly. The amount of
difference wont be noticed by the regular driver. Unless your really into
the high end performance end of it and you can tell a 350lb spring from a
400lb spring.....

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi