Re: Rim size, scirocco

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Jay Docherty wrote:

> I was just curious if anyone knew if you could fit 16 inch rims on
> the early sciroccos (80) without major rubbing or even minor rubbing
> for that matter.
>

>                            Jay

   I am running 16x7.5 inch rims right now.  I have a 25mm offset and I
do encounter some rubbing.  Fortunately I dont rub as much as i would
be because I shaved the rear fender lip.  My car is lowered about 2 inches
and it hardly ever rubs with 2 in the car, 3 yes but not too often, and
only on big bumps.  I had to shave the rear fender for my 15's anyhow.
Once i got my 16"s i had to take off a bit more, just about out to the
body itself.  I would recommend doing that if you ever go wider than
195 on the Scirocco I.  Were you the one intersted in the ATS typs 10's?
If so, what offset are they?  I think a 30mm would be a good fit.

  Andre    79' rocco