RE: Rim size, scirocco (rubbing)

 30mm offset would be ideal, but I didn't have that choice when I got my
wheels. I first tried out 35mm, but I didn't like how close to the rear
tire was to the springs. So I took them back and got 25mm. I don't think
you could even tell the difference between 25 and 30 by sight. As for
rubbing, I was able to raise the back of the car because of my Koni
adjustable struts/spring holder thing. (Not to be confused with adjustable
shocks) It has a ring that can be raised or lowered to adjust the height
of the car.

 The metal was removed with a grinding wheel, all the way to the edge of
the fender lip.

 As far as 40 Series tires go, the ride might be a bit rougher than 70,
but nothing else can possibly give you that instant turn responce. (I
almost hit another car while getting used to it. :) )

 I would recommend 16" wheels to those who like to drive a little more
crazy than others.

 Gene.