Re: Which vw to buy?

<< I am planning on the purchase of yet another VW and I am having
 trouble deciding.  Either a 2 door A1 Jetta, a A2 8v Scirocco or a
 Rabbit GTi.   >>

My brother has an '83 2 door Jetta.  Not a bad car, but the mk 2 (not A2)
Scirocco looks MUCH better.  Also, the Scirocco has a longer wheels base, so
it will handle better than the Jetta.  BUT, the Jetta has a larger trunk.
 Modifications would cost about the same as they are on the same chassis.
 Main difference is, you would probably want to put a 1.8 litre motor and
close ratio tranny into the Jetta to mak it scream.

I personally would go for the Scirocco.  I would really try to find one
without a sunroof (but that is just me, I am 6" 4' tall, and in my car with a
sunroof, I have about 1/2 an inch of headroom)

Hope this helps,

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco