Re: Clutch advise (more, please!)

On 10 Nov 96 at 0:28, Shawn Meze wrote:

> Expect it to take you a good 6-8 hours. (+/- 8hrs. JK!)

Is this taking into account my rusty mechanical abilities?

> Jack stands?

Need to get em......need new ones anyway (old ones got left behind in
PA)

> It will take you about an hour to change the crank and
> tranny seal. Be careful with the crank seal. you could easily damage
> the housing the seal fits into. Its got to be pressed into the
> housing but ive done it with a bench vise. I just worked it into the
> housing with the vice. Pressure, rotate, pressure, rotate. Takes a
> little while but the end result is the same if you have an arbor
> press.

If it needs to be pressed in, how tough is it to remove?

> Actually, if you take me to Pikes Market, we can eat at the
> restraunt that Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner ate at in "Sleepless in
> Seattle". I cant remember the name of the restraunt but I had the
> best steamed clams there!! YUMMM!!!

That wouldn't be Ivar's would it?  Since I'm new to the area, I don't
know all the places yet.  I love thier white clam chowder and fried
clams....haven't tried their steamers yet.  That would be a good time
to find out!!  Tell ya what.....for your advise I'll buy ya some
clams when you DO decide to visit :)

> Belt tensioner? Thats what bicepts are for!

And my biceps are woefully out of shape (and the rest of me is too,
as I found out trying to snowboard at Mt Baker yesterday) ;=)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)