Re: Clutch advise

On  8 Nov 96 at 21:17, Shawn Meze wrote:

> If you want some tips on doing it yourself
> and some shortcuts, lemme know and ill send you the info seperate so
> everyone else doesnt have to be bothered with it.

OK...send em.  I found a place to get the flywheel turned on a
Saturday.  Now I need to see what I'm getting into and determine what
clutch to get.  I'm more than a little concerned about the crank seal
needing pressing.  Hopefully the shop I found can do that too if I
get stuck.  I don't have a vice....... if I was still back in PA this
would be so much more simple.....

Shawn, you seem to be the only one who says that OEm clutched are not
Sachs.  The FAQ says that Fichtel and Sachs make OEM and some shocks,
so I guess you get overuled on this point.  The consensus is that the
stock clutch is adequate, but I still wonder if either the sport or
210mm would give much longer life and is worth the extra $$$.  And if
I do decide to use one of the optional ones, is there anything I need
to know about?  Or are they simple bolt-on replacements?  The stock
flywheel works with both?

Mark, would you be kind enough to give prices on the other clutches
to help me decide?  And do you carry the new flywheel bolts?

We're getting near the end of this thread I hope.  Thanks again to
all for your advise and input  :)