Re: 16v vs. 8v

<< Not exactly. The valves will all open the same. The difference being in
that
 there will only be one valve that is actually flowing air to the cylinder.
 The other valve will be blocked by a "Butterfly valve" (I think some
 pailentologist made that term up!) until the rpms get high enough to use all
 that air flow from both valves.  >>

Just one thing I think I should point out, there is nothing you can do to the
16v engine to cause only one intake or exhaust valve to open and not the
other.  Remember, the camshaft is one solid piece of metal, so how can it
change shape to keep the valve from opening?  Now, if it was some sort of
complicated electrical thing, that would be a different story.  Just my $.02
worth.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco