Rust repair Q's (redux)

Hey! I need some answers.  Is everybody just ignoring me?  Not even a
snappy remark from Shawn?  Just so this isn't a total rehash, I noticed
that the lights on the later Vanagons look a lot like the Euro,
non-symmetrical lights for the MK 2 Sciroccos.  If they fit, they gotta be
a lot cheaper (junked) than new ones.

                        just wondering, benton------

>Hello all:
>
>        My still not running Scirocco S has a lot of rust on the rear
>fender lip and rocker panels (and I'm scared to look at the floor with all
>the water that's leaked in over the years.)  Anyway, can this stuff be
>repaired with those fiberglass repair kits or should new sheet metal be
>used?  Sorry but I'm clueless on this kind of stuff--being a unit-body, is
>all the sheet metal welded into a single piece bodyshell or can individual
>panels be bolted on and off?
>
>        My car came with an aftermarket sunroof which leaks like crazy.
>I've presently taped over the top to stop the water.  Is the only thing to
>do to replace it with a larger glass sunroof?  I don't even know who made
>this piece o' crap---no markings on it so I don't know if a replacement
>seal is made or not.  Wish I could just weld it shut.
>
>        The car came lowered when I bought it but the springs are very
>stiff and short.  When the car is jacked up, the springs are fully extended
>before the wheels leave the ground.  Is this how a cut spring will act?  I
>guess the only good thing is that I'll never need a spring compressor.
>
>        Thanks for any advice, benton--------

YbOeSnHtIoDnA