Brandon, sounds like your computer...

>From: Brandon Sommerville <brandon@caseware.com>
>Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 17:21:58 -0500
>Subject: Re: Is this a unique problem?
>

>No.  It doesn't buck.  That sounds like bouncing off the rev limiter.  When
>it happens there is no consistency at what RPM it stops at.  The revs just
>fall off if I keep it floored.  But restarting the car fixes it.  Kind of
>nerve wracking doing it on the highway!  :(
>
>There is no consistency to it.
>
>Brandon Sommerville

Brandon,
        I had a similar problem, but not quite.  I had some weird things
going on, and I couldn't figure out the problem.  Had new engine in place,
complete with good CIS-E electronics installed (in place of CIS), and the
damn thing was just weird and would not run when it was warm.  It would run
great when cold, but once it warmed up, and were talking five minutes, it
would not start.  I thought it was the cold start thermo-resistor, replaced
it, same thing.  Damn, I've spent all this money and all I can do is look at
it.  Finally, a mechanic who is more savy than the one who installed it
looked at the brain.  I had a cup of water in there!  The ohter mech. split
with wiring loom, right beneath where the balck rain drain drains into the
cowl ('84 GTi).  Sh!t!  No wonder!  Okay, fixed that, and away I went!

David
            Original Equipment Marketers   ( O.E.M.)
    VW, Porsche and Audi OEM parts at discount store prices.
               Techtonics for VW also available.

                 Visa and Mastercard accepted.

                         405-364-2102

                     diutley@telepath.com