Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

At 10:43 AM 11/5/96 +0500, you wrote:
>> >P.S.  but I STILL have to figure out what wheels to get... ;-)

>BBS RN--  ?
>BBS RA II--  Awesome.  Cheap, too, for BBS's!  1 vote.
>Borbet Type C--  Shawn's Rims.  Give Shawn his space.

Actually, I have the Motoring Exponents "ZONE" wheels which are pretty much
identical to these.
I dont need space, just enough room to get by ya! beep-beep-zip-bang!

>OZ Monte Carlo--  nice...I've seen better, though.
>OZ Mito--  ehhh....
>MSW Type 55--  THOSE ARE MY RIMS! COPYCATTER!!!!!  :-).  I have a Type 55
>from my accident w/ a                              big chunk taken out of it
>in my garage.  Want it?
>
>Other votes for BBS RX, moda M1, MSW Type 21 and paint the mesh black, TSW
>Hock's, TSW Evo's.

After being at the huge Las Vegas Conventio center that was full of rims, I
can tell you this; they're all about the same for next year as they were
this year. The difference I saw was more were made from the manufactures
blacked out. Some that were interesting were blacked out centers with chrome
outer lip. Or blacked out center with a red anodized outer lip. Interesting
looking on the right car. Other than that, they were basically the same
wheels, nothing really new. No new styles. What I saw was notable was while
the whole place was packed, nobody was around the wheel makers that have the
lowrider spoke wheels with the gold spokes, or gold lip or all in gold.
(YUCK!) That place was empty. (heh-heh)
I was getting ready to shop for rims for our GLI and after yesterday, im
"looked out". I dont wanna see another rim........... or Honda after market
parts, namely, pedal covers, exhaust tips, shift knobs.....

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and