Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

At 08:49 AM 11/5/96 -0500, you wrote:

><< Most shops today can color match anything. All you need is to bring a
>color
> sample for them. I got a Maita blue sample from Mazda. it was actually
> cheaper than buying the real paint from Mazda. >>
>
>Boy, I'll betcha that the owner of that Miata you got the sample from was
>pissed when he saw the big chip out of his paint!!!  ;-)

Actually, when i went into the dealer and asked them for "Miata Blue", as it
is known, he looked at me like I was asking for NASA Purple or something. I
was stunned by their seemingly lack of knowledge of the colors their cars
are. So, I walked over to the rack of touch up paint and picked it out. On
top it said, Miata Blue", DUH! The guy behind the counter was still looking
thru the paint books for Mazda.
Sometimes I just wonder........

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi