Re: Is this a unique problem?

At 03:53 PM 11/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Nobody answered me last time so I'll try again.  I couldn't rev the engine
>past 4000, the best description of what it did was to fade back if I kept my
>foot in it.  It happened once before and it was suggested that I had run
>through some water or something.  But by turning off the engine (while
>coasting on the highway!) and restarting it it fixed the problem.
>
>Not being able to clear 4000

I thought I said something about it. Sounds like an electrical problem.
Coil, cap&rotor, plugs, wires. Sounds like its a weak spark. Id look at the
coil first. Check it for ohms ect. Like the book says.

Does it still cut out at 4,000? or was this a one time thing?

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and