Re: Update on power steering and stalling

<< Ok i adjusted my idle valve and now its set at about 1050 rpm.  This is
also
 good cause my engine doesn't rattle that much (i assume i'll need side
engine
 mounts..).
 Anyway the stalling has been slightly curbed, but i think my prob is
somthing
 else.
 When i turn my steering wheel waaaayy over to either lock (all the way right
 or left) i hear a strange hissing/weird sound and my rps's drop like
400-500.
  This is at idle, when im puling out af a parking space. Does anyone have
any
 ideas? Power steeing pump?? anything? >>

I am glad to hear that adjusting the idle has helped a little.  Ummm, now
with the power steering, I don't know what to tell you.  I guess make sure
that the power steering fluid is full.  I am not familliar with power
steering because I have never owned a car with it (and would not buy one with
it if I could avoid it...)  I am also going to suggest you check for vaccum
leaks.  I am not sure if that is the type of hissing you are talking about.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco